Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Interval training 

Interval training is a physical training that consists of low-high intensity workouts. Interval training focus's on cardiovascular workouts; running, rowing and cycling. It is an excellent way to train for sports events and sports in general. 

Interval training concentrates on improving one's aerobic capacity. This is especially good for runners and cyclists, as it increases the length you can workout with varying intensities. 

There are many ways you can construct your interval training:
-sprints then walking back (sprint 100m and walk 50-80m)
-skipping at low to high intensities (1-2 mins each)
-jogging at different inclines and intensities 

All in all, interval training is an easy way to improve your cardiovascular system and your aerobic capacity.














1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Ryan! I am a big fan of interval training and have used it myself, its the main method I used when I first started running.

    ReplyDelete